Sunday, October 20, 2013

FOTGA MD to NEX adapter on the Sony NEX-5N

A friend asked for some details on what adapter I use for Minolta lenses on the NEX system.

This is a FOTGA MD to NEX adapter. I'm not familiar with the brand outside of using this adapter.  It was sold to me for $10 from the same friend that sold me a couple of lenses, and I thought it was fine to roll the dice and buy the adapter without knowing much about it since the price is so low, and I trusted the seller.

So, my review:  It's an adapter and it works.  The fit when mounting it to the camera body is a bit snug, but mounts easily enough.  The fit between the adapter and the lenses is perfect.  When all are attached, including that Minolta 135mm lens (which is a bit on the heavy side), there is no perceptible wobble.

It's all metal and seems well made.  There are no electronics, so I chuckled when I read the fine print underneath the FOTGA name:  "Digital Adapter."  (Really? OK, I guess you're adapting the lens for a digital camera, but the adapter itself is purely mechanical.)

The small metal pin is the lens release button.  Press in the pin and turn the lens to remove.

As I said, it works!  I haven't used any other adapters yet, so I can't really say how this compares.



No comments:

Post a Comment